Firefighters respond to Glen Burnie Structure Fire

Glen Burnie, MD (ANN) –  Just after 4:00 pm on Sunday, March 31 firefighters responded to the 7900 block of Phirne Road East for a reported structure fire.

Firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call reporting a fire in the kitchen. Upon arrival firefighters began investigating and located and quickly extinguished a grease fire which extended into the cabinets. Two occupants evacuated prior to the arrival of fire personnel. A total of 27 firefighters were brought to the scene. It took crews 10 minutes to place the fire under control. The cause of the fire is accidental while cooking but the estimated loss was $35,000.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.